Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes


Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve had a posting. That doesn’t mean nothing is happening. It just means I haven’t taken the time to write. Well, let me try to get right into it…Our training started almost a month ago and let’s just say it’s been a different experience than my last triathlon season with Team in Training.

This is not a bad thing, but just different. As with anything that is different and new, it takes some time to get used to it. So, I am assimilating to the new daylight savings time, where it seems like it’s 9p.m. when I leave work. Along with that I am acclimating to the chilly weather. It’s no longer 75degrees and sunny all the time (even though this is San Diego). I’m also adjusting to the magnitude of our team. We have something like 170 people on the team vs. the 50 people on Pacific Grove.

On top of the environmental changes, I have a new role in it all. I am a mentor to ten participants. This means I am a leader and guide to others who are brand new to triathlon or those who have done it before but might need help in fundraising. This brings a whole new perspective to the experience, where I am no longer allowed to be afraid of the triathlon training and fundraising endeavor. Instead I am there to motivate, inspire, and push people to make it to the end, and ultimately to cross the finish line.

No comments: